IREX/TCG

Sunday, May 17, 2015

20 Days to Go!

Working with Jennica to learn the ins and outs of blogging on Blogger!  Posted to facebook to see who wants to receive my blogs.

It is hard to focus on so many things at the same time; the end of school and this adventure. However, shortly I won't have a choice.

On Thursday of last week, I spent an hour in the English as a Second Language classroom getting advice.  There are quite a few students from Pakistan and India and they were helpful and supportive but all wanted to know if I would be going to their town.  Of course, I replied, "I'll try!"

I like to say that my language skills don't extend much beyond the Midwestern English that I have spoken nearly my entire life.  Forays into learning Latin, French and Russian were educational but didn't take at all.  I think about my international students and their challenge in adapting to their new language and culture and wonder how I will do on my very, very limited trip.

Lot's to think about!


No comments:

Post a Comment