IREX/TCG

Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1 from my dining room table

Sitting at the table.  Sara getting annoyed with my lack of technological skill.  Trying to figure out an easy way for people to follow my musings.  Presto!  Learned what an rss feed is and how to attach one to this blog.  Success.

Many, many thoughts as I finish my last week of school and begin the final preparations for my adventure.  Among my first thoughts is this word; monsoon!  Don't have those here in the Midwest. It is Monsoon season is southern India.  Note the 90 degree weather and high probability of rain in the forecast in Bangalore this week.  Of course, I am sure it will clear up by the time I get there.


Displaying IMG_2624.PNG

My many athletic experiences have taught me that "those who fail to prepare, truly prepare to fail." Operating under that premise, I have been doing some pre-monsoon training.  See below...

Displaying IMG_2625.JPG

Our group did receive an e-mail today from our group leader outlining the first week of activity.  It includes visiting several schools in Bangalore, some presentations on the education system in India and some cultural touring.  These are all things that are very appealing to me.  Following that week, Erik Remsen who is a social studies teacher in Vermont and I will be headed for our host school in Malapurram.  I will pass that itinerary along later.  

I don't know if you are familiar with the documentary film Two Million Minutes?  This film features high school students in Indiana, China and India and compares and contrasts their lives offering an interesting commentary on the educational systems in each country.  My research question is to take what I learned in the movie and understand this in real terms.  

I am linking the trailer here if you are interested.  Enjoy.  More later.  The countdown continues!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Robert-
    Just checked out the video you mentioned in this post. It looks awesome. I will be sure to share it with MY TGC students who are participating in my follow up project and are in Morocco, Poland and NJ. I am hoping they will want to read your blog, too. Safe travels, and have a great adventure!!!! I will be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete